Thank you for your interest in our large animal internal medicine residency program. We are proud of our program and the ultimate professional success of our current and former residents.
Although a complete description of our program might be daunting, there are a number of features of our program that we would like to bring to your attention.
- A three-year program that allows adequate time to train and prepare for certification by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM), including a total of six months of professional development time to prepare for board certification.
- A large, diverse internal medicine caseload.
- Exceptional facilities and technical staff in the teaching hospital.
- Opportunity to obtain extensive experience with large animal ultrasonography under the auspices of two ACVIM diplomates with ultrasound. expertise and an ultrasound technician.
- Opportunity to participate in an active food animal service (primarily beef cattle and meat goats) with two ACVIM diplomates.
- Opportunity to evaluate and manage horses with colic.
- Funding for travel and other academic uses (e.g., photocopying, making slides).
- Excellent opportunities for clinical research projects (with emphasis on epidemiology, gastroenterology, and infectious diseases).
- Opportunities for graduate study concurrent with residency training (http://ogaps.tamu.edu/).
- Strong faculty commitment toward our residents attaining board-certification.
- A friendly, collegial work environment.
- Exposure and use of a state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging facility for large animals.